STUFFED POBLANO PEPPER MUMMIES
- Active Time : 1 Hour 0 Minutes
- Total Time : 1 Hour 0 Minutes
- Serves : 8
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 medium poblano peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeded
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 slices (1 oz each) part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pound Odom's Tennessee Pride® Mild Country Sausage, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce with Basil, Garlic and Oregano
- 1 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- 16 ripe olive slices
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place peppers, cut-side down, in dish; add water. Cover; bake 20 minutes or until almost tender.
Cut 4 cheese slices in half; set aside. Cut remaining 4 cheese slices into thin strips; set aside. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook 5 minutes or until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain.
Add drained tomatoes, tomato sauce and rice to skillet; stir to combine. Place mixture inside peppers; top each filled pepper with a half slice of cheese.
Cover; bake 10 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven; cool slightly. Decorate with cheese strips and olives to resemble mummies.