ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA II
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : 1 hour
- Serves : 6 servings
- 1 small zucchini sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash sliced
- 1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms (8 ounce)
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 16 ounce container cottage cheese (16 ounce)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 jar Florentine style pasta sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
On large baking sheet, combine zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, pepper, onion, oil, garlic and Italian seasoning; salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat. Roast in a preheated 450°F oven 20 minutes; drain off liquid. Reduced oven to 375°F.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, egg and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Evenly spread ½ cup pasta sauce in the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan. Top with one layer of lasagna noodles, ½ cup pasta sauce, ½ the cottage cheese, ½ the roasted vegetables and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers ending with final layer of noodles, pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 375°F oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes.