CHICKEN FRIED RICE III
- 1 5.6 ounce package chicken flavor side of rice (5.6 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Prepare rice according to package directions; let stand 3 minutes.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center; remove from skillet and set aside.
Add remaining oil to skillet. Pour in egg; scramble until set. Remove from skillet.
Add rice, chicken, egg, peas, remaining soy sauce, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir-fry until heated through. Let stand 2-3 minutes to thicken.