BLACK BEAN LASAGNA
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 29 ounce can black beans (29 ounce) rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles (14.5 ounce) drained
- 2 10 ounce cans mild enchilada sauce (10 ounce) divided
- 2 ripe avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 18 6-inch corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 3 cups fancy shredded Mexican style four cheese blend
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; sauté until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes). Stir in beans, tomatoes and 1 can enchilada sauce; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine avocados and sour cream; mash to desired consistency. Place ½ cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish.
Top with 6 tortillas, half bean mixture, half mashed avocados and 1 cup cheese; repeat layers ending with tortillas, remaining enchilada sauce and remaining cheese.
Bake, covered, in a preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes; remove cover and continue baking 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.