CHICKEN FRIED RICE
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 3 tablespoons pure vegetable oil divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink; remove from skillet and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Pour in egg; when set turnover and continue cooking until completely set (about 1-2 minutes). Remove from skillet and chop; set aside.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add rice, chicken, peas, remaining soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry until heated through; add in egg. Serve immediately.