CAJUN HASH BROWNS
with Fried Eggs
- 1/2 16 ounce chub hot pork sausage (16 ounce) thawed
- 1/2 32 ounce package frozen southern style hash browns (32 ounce)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup diced pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
In large skillet over medium heat, cooked and crumble sausage until no longer pink; remove to paper towels. Drain off excess grease from pan.
Add potatoes, onions, peppers and garlic to pan; season with Cajun seasoning to taste. Sauté until potatoes are golden brown (about 10-14 minutes); add sausage back to skillet last 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add in eggs. When whites are set, carefully turn eggs over and continue cooking to desired doneness.
Serve eggs over hash browns.