How We're Giving Back to the Land
Cub has always worked with local growers as part of our business. Supporting local farms is an important part of sustaining and advancing our communities. Cub has partnered with Honeybear Brands and their Adopt an Acre program to further help give back to our growers. This program creates pollinator habitats near local apple orchards that supply the very apples you'll find in our stores. These habitats are an integral part of the apple tree pollination process, allowing bees to cross-pollinate and further the health of the orchards. We're proud to invest in this project and value the ongoing partnership we have with our local growers!
Support Local With Us!
We partner with Honeybear Brands to bring our customers some of the finest apples in the world. Honeybear Brands began growing apples in a small Minnesota orchard in the 1970s and since have become a leading supplier of premium quality apples and one of the foremost developers of exciting new apple varieties. Honeybear’s TruEarth program also ensures your apples are grown with the best sustainable farming practices, following strict protocols that guarantee stewardship of the land, minimal environmental impact and protection of natural habitats. And when you purchase local honey and apples from Cub, you're helping us build happy habitats for healthy bees.
With so many apple varieties out there, it can sometimes be hard to choose! Each apple variety is uniquely delicious in it's own way:
• Honeycrisp: A honey of an apple, this variety sets the standard. Refreshingly sweet and tart with a crisp, crave-able texture that is sophisticatedly satisfying.
• Pazazz: Everyone is looking to add some "pazazz" to their life. This variety the perfect blend of sweet and tart with exceptional crispiness and a raucously loud crunch.
• First Kiss: You never forget your first kiss, right? Fresh, sweet and unexpectedly lovely, this apple is just as juicy as it is refreshing.
• RiverBelle: Delicately crisp and flavorful, the RiverBelle is equal parts sweet and acidic, delivering just the right balance between sweet and sassy. It’s an up and coming darling from the heartland!
• SweeTango: Sultry and smooth, SweeTango is a blend of honey-sweetness with subtle hints of fall spices. Plus, the lingering aftertaste is sublime.
Fun Apple Facts
There are 2,500 varieties of apples grown in the U.S., but the sour crab apple tree is the only variety native to North America.
It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider—that's a lot of apples!
Apples are a member of the rose family (a.k.a. Rosaceae), along with peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, cherries and even almonds!
Apples ripen almost 10 times faster at room temperature than if they are refrigerated.
Recipes for Apple Season
Try your hand at these deliciously apple-y recipes. From breakfast to dessert, apples are a fall favorite!