BLACK BEANS & RICE
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon pure vegetable oil
- 1 14 ounce package Polska kielbasa ring (14 ounce) sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 15 ounce cans black beans (15 ounce) undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can sliced stewed tomatoes with peppers, celery & cumin (14.5 ounce) undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onions; sauté until onions are softened (3-5 minutes).
Add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cooked rice and cilantro; continue simmering 5 minutes.