KUNG PAO SHRIMP
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry divided
- 1 tablespoon less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn starch divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen 41-50 count EZ peel uncooked shrimp thawed, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 3-4 dried red chiles split in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 4 green onions diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup party peanuts
- - cooked jasmine rice if desired
In a small bowl combine water, 1 tablespoon sherry, soy sauce and 2 teaspoons corn starch; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining sherry, corn starch and salt. Toss with shrimp; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat; add the chiles and stir-fry until they begin to darken (about 1 minute). Add green onions, garlic and gingerroot; continue stir-frying 1-2 minutes.
Add shrimp mixture; stir frequently, but not constantly until shrimp are opaque and cooked through (about 5-6 minutes).
Add sherry mixture to the shrimp; stir until sauce thickens (about 1 minute). Add peanuts and stir to coat. Serve with prepared white rice, if desired.