CHICKEN WILD RICE SOUP II
- 3/4 cup Minnesota cultivated wild rice
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 8 ounce package sliced button mushrooms (8 ounce)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup organic all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry sherry optional
- 3 cups Organic Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 cups torn up cooked chicken
- 1 cup half & half
Prepare wild rice according to package directions to desired doneness; drain.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, garlic and thyme; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until carrots are softened (about 5-7 minutes).
Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Add sherry or ¼ cup chicken broth. Stir in chicken broth, chicken and wild rice. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in half & half; continue cooking until heated through.