FRESH HERB RUBBED RIB ROAST
with Horseradish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 (6-8 pound) premium angus bone-in rib roast
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup refrigerated prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
In small bowl, combine rosemary, thyme, oil, 3 teaspoons garlic, salt and pepper. Rub over surface of roast.
Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting on fat or touching bone. Do Not Add Water. Do Not Cover.
Roast in a preheated 350°F oven 2¼-2½ hours for medium-rare; 2¾-3 hours for medium.
In small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, chives and 1 teaspoon garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Remove roast from oven when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium-rare or 150°F for medium. Tent with aluminum foil and let stand for 15-20 minutes (temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium-rare; 160°F for medium).
Transfer roast to carving board. Cut into slices. Serve with horseradish sauce.
Boneless Ribeye Roast Option:
Follow directions above using a 4-6 pound Stockman & Dakota® Boneless Ribeye Roast and reduce time to 1¾-2½ hours for medium-rare; 2-3 hours for medium.