BASIC CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES WITH VARIATIONS
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In large mixing bowl, combine sugars, butter, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until creamed.
Reduce mixer to low; slowly add flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
Stir in chocolate chips; drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate Chile Cookies:
1. Add 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday Baking Cocoa and ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper with flour.
2. Replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 cup Essential Everyday Slivered Almonds . Bake as directed.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies:
1. Replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup Essential Everyday Sweetened Dried Cranberries .
2. Swirl in 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Raspberry Preserves . Bake as directed.
Cinnamon Butter Toffee Cookies:
1. Add 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Cinnamon with flour.
2. Replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 cup cinnamon chips and 1 cup chopped Essential Everyday Butter Toffee Covered Peanuts . Bake as directed.
Salty Caramel Cookies:
1. Replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1 cup chopped caramels and 1 cup chopped Essential Everyday Pretzels .
2. Bake as directed.