APPLE & PLUM CUSTARD PIE
- 1 16.5 ounce chub refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16.5 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tart apples
- 1 cup pitted prunes quartered
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Press cookie dough into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Place on a baking sheet; set aside.
In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples, prunes, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sauté until apples are softened (about 3-5 minutes). Transfer to pie.
In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; whisk until well mixed. Pour over apples in pie. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.