CARIBBEAN JERK SHRIMP
with Mango Salsa
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vegetable oil
- 1 pound tail-on cooked shrimp thawed
- 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Combine spices and oil in a small bowl. Place shrimp in a 1-gallon recloseable food storage bag.
Pour spice mixture over shrimp; seal bag. Toss to coat shrimp with spice mixture.
Place in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
In medium bowl, combine pineapple, mango, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve shrimp with salsa.