with Avocado Mango Salsa
- - juice of 1 lime divided
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic fresh cilantro dividied
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound halibut fillets or steaks
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 medium ripe avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper diced
In small bowl, combine lime juice (reserving 1 tablespoon), oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro, garlic, cumin and chili powder; salt and pepper to taste.
Place halibut in a shallow dish; pour marinade over fish, turning fish to cover. Set aside.
In medium bowl, combine mango, avocado, onion, jalapeño, reserved lime juice and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro; salt and pepper to taste.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut and half the marinade. Sear halibut on both sides; reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until cooked through and fish flakes easily with a fork (about 10 minutes per inch of thickness).
Serve Avocado Mango Salsa over halibut.