BUTTERNUT SQUASH & GORGONZOLA GNOCCHI
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- - dash cayenne pepper optional
- 1 16 ounce package frozen potato gnocchi (16 ounce)
- 1 10 ounce container refrigerated light Alfredo sauce (10 ounce)
- 12 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 3/4 cup crispy Panko style plain bread crumbs
In large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add squash, onions, garlic and cayenne pepper; salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until onions are golden brown (about 5-7 minutes).
Meanwhile, prepare gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
Add Alfredo, half & half, gorgonzola and sage to skillet. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally; stir in gnocchi. Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish.
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over gnocchi. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 25 minutes or until squash is tender and top is golden brown and bubbly.