BEANS & RICE WITH SAUSAGE & GREENS
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 14 ounce package smoked sausage ring (14 ounce) cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green and/or red bell peppers
- 1 15 ounce can blackeye peas (15 ounce) undrained
- 1 14.5 ounce can chopped kale greens (14.5 ounce) well drained
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté sausage, onions and peppers until onions are softened (about 3-5 minutes); salt and pepper to taste.
Add cooked rice, undrained peas and kale. Cook and stir until combined and heated through (about 5 minutes).