ASIAN BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds divided
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1 (3 pound) bag frozen chicken wings
- 1 12.25 ounce bottle teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice (12.25 ounce)
In medium bowl, combine marinade, ketchup, oil, ginger, garlic, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and cayenne; whisk to combine.
Open bag of frozen chicken wings; pour marinade in bag and seal. Toss to coat. Place bag in shallow dish and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray foil with cooking spray. Remove chicken wings from marinade (reserve 1 cup marinade); place in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425°F oven 35 minutes or until cooked through, turning once and draining off excess liquid.
Meanwhile, place 1 cup reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half (about 15 minutes).
Remove chicken wings from oven; transfer to a large bowl. Toss with reduced sauce and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.