MANWICH® MARINATED BEER CAN CHICKEN
- Active Time : 5 Hour 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 5 Hour 30 Minutes
- Serves : 4
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 can (24 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 can (16 oz each) beer, pour out 1/3 of it
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
Place the chicken and 24-ounce can of Sloppy Joe sauce into a large plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
Once the chicken is done marinating, place the carcass end of the chicken around an opened 16-ounce can of beer and place it on a cast iron skillet and place on a grill heated to medium for 65 to 70 minutes or until browned and cooked through out. Discard the bag with the remaining Sloppy Joe sauce. Baste the chicken every 15 to 20 minutes with the 16-ounce can of Sloppy Joe sauce.
In a large saute pan with olive oil, or directly on the grill on high heat, roast up the peppers and onion until browned.
Serve the cooked beer can chicken alongside the roasted vegetables.