PESTO CHEESE SPREAD
- Active Time : 20 minutes
- Total Time : several hours
- Serves : 20 servings
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fancy shredded Italian style Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces toasted, divided
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 8 ounce container cream cheese spread & Greek yogurt (8 ounce) softened
- - assorted crackers
In food processor, combine basil, Parmesan, ¼ cup toasted pecans and garlic; salt and pepper to taste. Process until finely chopped, scraping bowl as needed.
With processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil; scraping bowl as needed. Add cream cheese; continue processing until well combined.
Refrigerate until slightly firm. Form mixture into a large ball; roll in remaining toasted walnuts. Place on a serving dish and cover. Refrigerator several hours or overnight.
Serve cheese spread with crackers.