DO AHEAD BACON & CHEDDAR CROSTINI APPETIZERS
- Active Time : 30 minutes
- Total Time : 30 minutes
- Serves : 48 appetizers
- 1/2 loaf Italian-style bread slized 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 slices thick sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Using a 1 to 1½ -inch diameter biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter, cut bread rounds from bread slices (about 48 rounds). Set aside.
In food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients; process until finely chopped and well combined.
Spread a heaping ½ teaspoonful of mixture on each bread round. Place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in freezer. When frozen, transfer crostini to an airtight container.
To Bake: Remove desired amount of crostini from freezer and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in a preheat 375°F oven 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes before serving.