Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping (optional)
2/3 cup sugar
3 cups milk
1/3 cup cornstarch
One 9-inch pie shell
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, divided
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1.BAKE pie shell; cool.
2. Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart saucepan.
3. Combine egg yolks and milk in container with pouring spout.
4. Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
5. COOK over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
6. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
7. Add 1-3/4 cups chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
8. Pour into prepared pie shell; press plastic wrap onto filling.
10. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled and firm.
11. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.